What you need to know
View our resources on COVID-19 Vaccination with a series of videos from Dr Norman Swan responding to your questions on vaccination and OPAN webinars discussing many aspects of vaccination.
COVID-19 Vaccination Resources
No matter your age or what medical condition you might have, you have the right to be involved in decisions about your care, including decisions about COVID-19 vaccination. As an older person, you probably have a lot of questions about the COVID-19 vaccine program.
Everyone involved in your care must respect your rights, values and preferences. This includes your GP, nurse, carer, family members, friends or representatives. Our resources here will provide you with information to help you make an informed decision about COVID-19 vaccination.
To find out more, check out our resources below.
This series, comprised of 11 videos with Dr Norman Swan, were made in response to questions from our COVID-19 Survey and questions from our COVID-19 Vaccine webinars. Topics covered include:
- Known issues with other vaccines or medications
- The known side effects
- Risks individuals take by not being vaccinated
- Circumstances where a vaccine might not be suitable for a person living in residential aged care
- Should frail older people with co-morbities be vaccinated
- Will the vaccine be a requirement for all people entering a residential facility (just as the influenza vaccination is)
- What happens if you want to visit a nursing home when you haven’t been vaccinated as yet
- Will non-vaccinated residents need to limit social interactions with other residents who are vaccinated
- How does the right to choose affect people with reduced capacity or dementia?
- How will people learn they can get the vaccine?