Supports available for older people across Australia
Services to assist older people to access food, address concerns they might have about their home care, seek information about COVID-19 restrictions and counselling for grief and trauma are available and are set out below.
Older Persons Advocacy Network – 1800 700 600
- Discuss your home care service concerns
- Answer your questions about home care during COVID-19
- Review your support services and discuss alternatives
- Learn about your aged care rights
Call us on 1800 700 600 for free, independent and confidential aged care support relating to issues or concerns about aged care services received at home.
Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line – 1800 171 866
- Support for older people, their family members and carers
- Speak to someone if you feel lonely or worried about the COVID-19 pandemic
- Are living with dementia or the older person you care for is living with dementia
- Want to know about the COVID-19 restrictions and how they apply
- Want to arrange a wellbeing check for yourself or someone else
My Aged Care Assistance – 1800 200 422
- Grocery supply box
- Meal delivery assistance
Call 1800 200 422 to speak to a My Aged Care Centre agent.
Aged Care COVID-19 Grief and Bereavement – 1800 22 22 00
Contact the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement on 1800 222 200 if you’re experiencing grief, loss or bereavement due to COVID-19. Support is offered in several languages, or call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450, request an interpreter and quote 1800 222 200 to be connected.
For people with hearing or speech difficulties visit the National Relay Service website or call 1800 555 660.
Elder Abuse Helpline – 1800 353 374 (1800 ELDERHELP)
Contact 000 if you need immediate assistance in an emergency.
Share these support tiles with your networks and communities, click to download individual, larger versions.
New South Wales – Seniors Rights Service
Victoria – Elder Rights Advocacy
South Australia – Aged Rights Advocacy Service