OPAN Service Delivery Organisations engage and interact with aged care consumers and service providers on a regular basis. Through this ongoing engagement OPAN is able to develop a thorough understanding of the issues and concerns faced by both consumers and the broader aged care sector.
OPAN actively draws on this knowledge to provide government and policy makers with relevant and informed advice on the development of aged care policy and practice. Below is a sample of some of the policy submissions OPAN has developed in response to key government consultations and inquiries.
- OPAN Response to the Aged Care Royal Commission Final Report “Care, Dignity and Respect”
- OPAN position statement on Rights in Aged Care – Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety Final Report March 2021
- OPAN position statement on Advocacy in Aged Care – Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety Final Report March 2021
- OPAN Response to ACRC’s Aged Care Program Redesign Jan 2020
- Submission to Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety on Capacity, Guardianship and Supported Decision Making 31 July 2020
- OPAN Submission to Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety on Rights and Advocacy in Aged Care 20 Sept 2019
- OPAN Submission to Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety on Aged Care in Rural and Remote Areas 20 Sept 2019
- OPAN Submission to Senate Community Affairs References Committee Inquiry into the Effectiveness of the Aged Care Quality Assessment and Accreditation Framework 30 Nov 18
- OPAN submission to the Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport inquiry into the Aged Care Amendment (Staffing Ratio Disclosure) Bill 4 Oct 2018
- OPAN Input into Royal Commission Aged Care Terms of Reference 23 Sep 18
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety – Prime Minister of Australia 16 Sep 18
- OPAN Submission to Senate Inquiry into the ACQSC Bills
- OPAN Submission to the Home Care Pricing Transparency Compatibility
- OPAN Submission to the Inquiry into the Quality of Care in Residential Aged Care Facilities in Australia February 2018
- OPAN Response to Review of National Aged Care Regulatory Processes July 2017
- OPAN Response to Draft Aged Care Quality Standards Consultation Paper April 2017
- OPAN Response to Options for Assessing Performance Against Aged Care Quality Standards April 2017
Following consultations with the nine OPAN Service Delivery Organisations around Australia and the OPAN Board, OPAN has developed the following policies. Engagement with OPAN Network members are ongoing and OPAN regularly reviews its policies.