Stay Connected in Your Community
The Older Persons Advocacy Network has partnered with the ABC for the second season of the television series Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds, to assist older people living in the community to get support at home. Social isolation and loneliness are significant health and wellbeing issues in Australia due to the negative impact on our lives, particularly among older people.
In our live webinar on 4 May 2021 we covered how staying connected to the community where you live lowers your chances of social isolation and loneliness, helping you remain independent and live in your own home.
Our star panel discussed their personal and professional experiences around social isolation and loneliness in community and residential aged care, the effects of social isolation on older people and how community connections can transform older people’s lives.
- Aesh Rao – Old Peoples Home for 4 Year Olds, Season 2
- Farid Silwanis – Community Visitors Scheme Volunteer
- Dr Stephanie Ward – Geriatrician, Old Peoples Home for 4 Year Olds, Seasons 1 and 2
Hosted by Kyle Olsen
If you’re looking for more information about the resources shared throughout the webinar, please see the details below.
- Stay Connected and Supported in Your Community or call 1800001321
- Services to reduce loneliness and social isolation or how to volunteer
- How to maintain your independence at home
Please take our survey about this webinar here